Music Makes a Difference Award
To recognize a graduating BSYO senior(s) who has served their community by sharing their musical abilities with others for the enrichment of the human spirit. Winning student(s) receive a $500 cash award.
Students will submit an essay not to exceed two pages typed, single space, 12-point font with normal margins. The essay should explain when, why and how they started their musical community service activities. The essay should include examples of how their community service in music has made a difference in the lives of others.
Students will submit the CFE certification form to document the community service including contact information of the director and organization involved. Students will submit a letter of recommendation from a director or administrator of the organization served.
Students should submit all documents no later than April 8th, 2013 to the BSYO office. Documents may be submitted in hard copy or e-mailed to Lourdes@BSYO.us. The award will be presented at the final concert on May 11, 2013.
- 2012-Mackenzie Newell
- 2011-David Kverek, Bayside High School
- 2010-Benjamin Hainsey, Titusville High
- 2009-Sara Boynton, West Shore Jr./Sr. High
- 2008-Shelby Montgomery, Titusville High and Jessica Pollack, Satellite High
- 2007-Allison Eaton, Satellite High; Andrew Scheuermann, Edgewood Jr./Sr. High and AmandaTalley, Satellite High
- 2006-Joshua Gisi
- 2005-Sarah Humes, West Shore Jr./Sr. High